LED Blank Out Signs
- 1.0 General Description
- 1.1 Sign shall be capable of displaying one or multiple messages.
- These messages may be red, amber or bluish/green.
These messages may be displayed on one side or two.
The messages shall be formed by single or double rows of LED's.
- 2.0 Functional Description
- 2.1 All messages shall be clearly legible, attracting attention under any
- At full intensity, the signal will be highly visible anywhere within a 15
degree cone centered about the optic axis.
- 2.2 The sign shall consist of:
- a. Weatherproof housing and door.
- 2.3 All LED's will be T-1 ¾ (5 millimeters).
- 2.4 LED's will have an expected lifetime of 100,000 hours.
- 2.5 All LED's will be high in optical power.
- They will be Agilent Technologies (HP) highest performance AlInGaP for the Red and Amber and Nichia's InGaN for the Bluish/Green and White.
- 2.6 Operating wavelengths will be:
- a. Red - 626 nm.
b. Amber - 590 nm.
c. Bluish/Green - 505 nm.
- 2.7 Transformers shall be used to reduce the incoming 120 volts AC to the design DC voltage.
- 2.8 The transformers shall contain Class A insulation and weatherproofing.
- 2.9 The sign shall be capable of continuous operation over a range in temperatures from -35F to +165F (-37C to +75C).
- 2.10 50% Pulse Width Modulation Dimming available for improved nighttime visibility.
- 3.0 Aluminum Housing
- 3.1 Housings shall be constructed of extruded aluminum.
- A flat aluminum panel shall be welded into the housing back for one-way signs.
- 3.2 All corners and seams of one or two-way housings are heli-arc welded to provide a weatherproof seal around the entire case.
- 3.3 Continuous full-length stainless steel hinges shall connect the housing and the extruded aluminum door.
- 3.4 Signs shall have #3 stainless steel ¼ turn link-locks per door to tightly secure the door onto a gasket between it and the housing.
- Link-locks provide tool free access to the interior of the sign.
- 3.5 Door gaskets shall be 3/16" x 1" neoprene to provide a weatherproof seal.
- 3.6 The 0.125" extruded aluminum doors have one side removable to gain access to the sign face.
- 3.7 Sign face shall be 0.080" aluminum or equivalent, and have the entire LED assembly mounted to it.
- 3.8 Each door is fitted with a sun hood of 0.063" aluminum. Standard length is 6".
- 3.9 The sign face will be protected by a polycarbonate, matte clear, lexan faceplate.
- 3.10 Drainage shall be provided by four drain holes at the corners of the housing.
- 3.11 Finish on the sign housing shall be two coats of exterior enamel applied after surface material is acid-etched and primed with zinc-chromate primer.
- 4.0 LED Message Modules
- 4.1 The LED message module shall consist of the following components:
- a. A rigid aluminum message plate.
b. High intensity LED's.
c. LED drive electronics.
- 4.2 The LED's shall be mounted in panel via mounted fixing clips.
- 4.3 Each LED shall be individually serviceable with spares included from the
same batch to assure color uniformity upon replacement.
- 4.3 Door panels shall be flat black to maximize legibility when activated.
- 4.4 Electrical connections shall be made via barrier-type terminal strip.
- 4.5 All fasteners and hardware shall be corrosion resistant stainless steel.
- All products will be warranted to be free of defects due to material and workmanship for a period of two (2) years.
Copyright 2015. All rights reserved.